San Diego Beer Week Events!
In the past few years, San Diego has really made a name for itself as a craft beer destination. With tons of breweries and even more beer lovers, it’s only right that we properly celebrate the greatness that is, “San Diego Beer Week!”
Check out what our venues have lined up for the HOPPY occasion!
Sierra Nevada Pub Crawl | Friday, November 1st – 7PM
Venues: Southpaw Social Club, Bub’s at the Ballpark, The Blind Burro
The best way to kick off SDBW13? A pub crawl, of course! We’re teaming up with Sierra Nevada Brewing Company to bring you a three part drinking and eating extravaganza!
• Start at Southpaw Social Club at 7PM and enjoy SN’s ‘Flip Side’ Red IPA, ‘Ovila Golden’ Belgian Style Abbey Guad and ‘Kellerweis’ Hefeweizen.
• Next up is Bub’s at the Ballpark, who’ll be serving up cold pints of Sierra Nevada ‘Ruthless’ Rye IPA, ‘Audition’ Session IPA and ‘Devistation’ Organic Black IPA.
• Last stop of the night will be The Blind Burro, featuring the brewery’s ‘Ovila’ *Wood Aged* Abbey Quad, ‘Ruthless’ *Barel Aged* Rye IPA and ‘Sierra Nevada’ Porter!
Each venue will also be tapping a special celebration cask in addition to their featured brews, and be sure to try all the delicious $5 Food Pairings at each restaurant!
Beer for Brunch with Hess Brewing| Saturday, November 2nd – 11AM- 2PM
Venues: Bub’s at the Ballpark
Who says you can’t have BEER for BRUNCH? Join Bub’s and Hess Brewing’s Head Brewer, Mike Hess for Brunch on Saturday 11/2! They’ll have their full Brunch menu and will bring back their Biscuits and Gravy for the the occasion! In honor of San Diego Beer week, enjoy all Hess beers for just $4!
Bub’s will be featuring: Amplus, Magna Cucerbita, Festivus and Habitus
Oktoberfest | Monday, November 4th 6PM
Venue: Southpaw Social Club
It doesn’t have to be October for you to enjoy a good OKTOBERFEST! Celebrate with local Oktoberfest brews, an authentic Oktoberfest food menu and a bier garden-style set up!
Local beers include the Ballast Point Oktoberfest, Modern Times Belgium Saison, Hess Oktoberfest, Coronado Punk’in Drublic and St Feuillien /Green Flash Belgian Coast IPA! Or go the traditional route with these Oktoberfest style beers: Spaten, Worstiner, Franziskaner and Kronenberg. We’ll also be featuring the 1500 IPA and a surprise cask from Drake’s Brewing!
Modern Times Sweater Party | Tuesday, November 5th 6PM
Venue: The Tipsy Crow
Dust off your favorite Winter sweater and come celebrate with Modern Times Beer and The Tipsy Crow! We’ll be giving away 50 FREE Sweater Coozies to the first 50 people and serving up all of your favorite Modern Times brews:
• Cans of Lomaland Saison, Black House Coffee Stout, Fortunate Islands Wheat and Blazing World Amber
• Orderville Wet Hop IPA, City of the Sun IPA and Southern Lands on tap
• A Specialty CASK of Blazing World Double Dry Hopped with Nelson Sauvin Hops
Cucapa Event | Tuesday, November 5th 6PM
Venue: The Blind Burro
Coming all the way from Mexico, Cerveza Cucapa is bringing us a specialty brew aptly named the “ChupaBurro!” Enjoy a $4 Pint and keep the glass!
Oskar Blues Night | Thursday, November 7th 6PM
Venue: The Tipsy Crow
Oskar Blues Brewery will be taking over The Tipsy Crow for San Diego Beer Week! They’ll have a specialty cask and tons of OB brews on tap, including:
- oSKAr The G’Rauch
- Ten Fidy
- Old Chub on Nitro
The beer-drinking fun starts at 6PM!