POSITION TITLE: Bar Back
COMPANY: Moose-GTD, LLC (“the Company”)
LOCATION: Moonshine Beach
REPORTS TO: Management Team
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
The position of the Bar Back is to assist bartenders with any help they may need, including but not limited to: filling ice wells, providing back up mixers and liquor, cutting fruit, washing and stacking glassware, stocking beer, taking out the trash
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Assist Bartender with job functions
- Stocks wells in accordance to specifications with all product and supplies required including ice
- Collects all excess glass ware from bars and restocks them in their appropriate outlets in accordance to specification, along with retrieving glassware from dish areas
- Organizes and cleans coolers and storage areas
- Replaces and rotates draught beer kegs and soda bag-in-boxes as required
- Replenishes garnishes and mixes
- Checks glass washers for proper chemical mixture and volume
- Maintains soap and towel at hand sinks and all bars
- General knowledge of and ability to accurately describe all beverage offerings and specials
- Providing a safe working environment by sweeping and cleaning up any debris, broken bottles, glassware or spills
- Maximize all marketing avenues, including social media
- Ensure all supplies are replenished frequently
- Compliance with all ABC laws and policies
- Complete any and all assigned cleaning duties, including stocking and organization
- Ensure proper set up and break down of stations before and after operating hours
- Attend all departmental and service training seminars as requested or assigned
- Any additional responsibilities as directed by the General or Assistant General Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Working knowledge of standard drink recipes
- Working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- Understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishes
- Working knowledge of bar equipment
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently to interact with customers, the public and employees
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall customer satisfaction
- Must have extensive knowledge of food and beverage etiquette, customer relations and service standards
- Knowledge of proper food handling requirements
- Knowledge of daily maintenance and cleaning of venue
- Knowledge of all required legal documents, i.e., A.B.C., Health Dept., Police, City, Etc.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
College degree preferred
Minimum of one year combined restaurant, bar, and/or nightclub experience preferred
Must be at least 21 to meet minimum age requirement of the State of California to serve alcoholic beverages.
Licenses or Certificates
Food Handlers Card
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must wear the proper uniform and maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Company’s grooming standards.
Frequent – up to 150 lbs.
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
Work environment has loud noise, many people including staff and customers, and temperatures range from cold to hot. Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
HOSPITALITY BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, as this is a hospitality business position, you must demonstrate good manners and promote a positive hospitable guest and co-worker experience at all times.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees are not guaranteed any specific shifts or number of shifts per week. Employees will be required to work varying schedules due to the seasonal business needs of the Company.
All employees are required to fully comply with all the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities. Employees who violate Company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
I acknowledge that my employment relationship is at will. This means that I am entirely free to resign at any time, either with or without a reason. This also means that the Company has the very same right and can terminate my employment at any time either with or without cause or advance notice. I also understand and agree that the Company retains the right to demote, transfer, change my job duties, and change my compensation at any time with or without notice and with or without cause in its sole discretion. This represents an integrated agreement with respect to the at-will nature of my employment relationship. No representative or employee of the Company other than its manager members has the authority to entire into a contrary agreement. Only a written agreement signed by both me and two company officers can alter the at will nature of my position.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMMODATION. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY HAS ESTABLISHED AN INTERACTIVE PROCESS FOR THOSE EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO DETERMINE EFFECTIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS, IF ANY, IN RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION BY SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL WITH A KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OR KNOWN MEDICAL CONDITION.