The Blind Burro is a Baja Mexican restaurant located in downtown San Diego. The Blind Burro is looking to hire an experienced Chef de Cuisine.
– 3+ years of experience managing a fast paced kitchen environment
– Valid Food Handlers Card
– Flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the operations
-Full-time employment, health & dental insurance + parking
– Follow up on day-to-day progress of the line checks
– Hold kitchen staff accountable for getting line check done each day.
– Ensuring line checks and temperature checks are done every day
– Checking walk-in food storage area for un-rotated item
– Coaching staff on proper rotation procedures – Including food consistency and quality, plate presentation consistency and portion consistency.
– Ensuring all kitchen staff learns and follows all company policies including meal break and rest policies, uniform policy and daily and weekly cleaning duties
– Communicate all infractions and issues with Manager on Duty
– Plans and prepares all orders correctly; may consist of assistance from staff members
– Prepares kitchen schedule by Wednesday to provide to General Manager for review and includes the correct staffing according to business needs that week
– Produces proper evaluations for all employees as well as appropriate write-ups and Performance Action Plans
– Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and refrigeration units
– Check temperatures of cooked as well as refrigerated food regularly
– Keep kitchen organized
– Compliance with all ServSafe, policies and procedures
– Ensure proper set up and break down of stations before and after operating hours
– Attend all departmental and service training seminars as requested or assigned
– Properly code and submit all necessary invoices for company operations by each Tuesday of the week and by the third of each Month
– Plans and anticipates ordering for upcoming events, games, reservations and other special events
– Plans for necessary plate ware, plastic ware, chafers, chafer fuel, etc. for upcoming reservations and special events
– Responsible for end of month inventory counts and entering counts into excel within the time frame of it needing approved and communicating numbers with Executive Chef and General Manager
– Any additional responsibilities as directed by the General Manager or Executive Chef
If you meet the criteria above, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide “Chef de Cuisine” in the subject line.