Good Time Design, an all-encompassing restaurant, bar, and entertainment venue design and consulting firm located in Downtown San Diego is looking to add experienced General Managers their team for current operations and new projects set to begin this Summer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com with General Manager Position in the subject line.
Position: General Manager
Compensation: Annual Salary / Monthly Bonus Program / Health Insurance / Dental Insurance / Parking
Specific Job Knowledge:
– Knowledge of CTUIT and Aloha POS system
– Experience in developing budgets, decision making, process improvement, and strategic planning
– Experience in management proficiency
– Quality focus
– Ability to read, write and speak the English language to interact with customers, the public and employees
– Proficient verbal communication skills
– Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations in a professional manner during busy periods
– Strong Interpersonal skills to provide overall customer satisfaction and to be able to manage a large and diverse employee group
– Knowledge of proper food handling requirements
– Knowledge of bar and kitchen items
– Must have knowledge of all required legal documents, i.e., A.B.C., Health Department, Police, City, Etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Set examples and standards for management team members regarding performance expectations, professionalism, floor and operational awareness, employee relations and trustworthiness as necessary to be a successful manager at the Company
– Professionally administer each and every operational department and effectively oversee a large number of employees, including, but is not limited to, accomplishing restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures
– Establish restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
– Exhibit knowledge of all accounting, financial and cash management procedures for the Company; do annual forecasts and budgets, and be able to analyze variances from forecasts and initiate corrective action; proactively implement systems to maximize profit without compromising the concept integrity; understand all cash handling procedures and controls, audit functions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or any other bookkeeper function, including all aspects of POS system related to such functions
– Exhibit a full knowledge of the details of all payroll and accounting functions; and knowledge regarding the fixing of timekeeping problems and payroll problems
– Attract patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs, evaluating program results, identifying and tracking changing demands
– Control purchases and inventory, negotiating prices and contracts, developing preferred supplier lists, reviewing and evaluating usage reports, analyzing variances, and taking corrective actions
– Maintain operations by implementing policies and standard operating procedures, implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards, determining and implementing system improvements
– Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings, initiating improvements, and building relationships with preferred patrons
– Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing ServSafe and other sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations, maintaining security systems
– Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, bench-marking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies and community groups
– Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
– Strictly enforce and comply with all regulatory, employment, wage and hour, and other legal compliance policies and procedures associated with the restaurant business
If you meet all requirements listed above, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org with General Manager Position in the subject line.