POSITION TITLE: Dancer
COMPANY: Moose-GTD, LLC (“the Company”)
LOCATION: Moonshine Beach
REPORTS TO: Director of Entertainment / Company’s Management Team
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
A “Dancer” position is for female and male employees who promote a fun, high energy environment at Moonshine Beach (the “Venue”) by participating in organized dance routines throughout the entire night, engaging customers to participate in the dance routines, and getting customers to take shots in the shot chair.
In between dance routines, the dancer position is also a host for the Venue, who should make customers feel welcomed, be available to answer customer questions, and address customer concerns in a warm, professional and accommodating manner.
The position must also promote and maintain a positive work environment with co-employees, meet and or exceed customer service standards and expectations, and adhere to direction from management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being able to perform multiple high energy dance routines at professional dancing skill level throughout the entire night of business
- Have the ability to teach customers all dance choreography necessary for the position
- Act in an extremely extroverted manner with high energy with the ability to control the energy flow throughout the night at their designated seating area
- Ability to maintain a high, but well-balanced energy level throughout the entire night
- Ability to interact with large groups of people including birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette, and celebratory parties
- Be able to create a fun and exciting atmosphere for the guests
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills in order to answer customer questions and address customer concerns in a warm, professional and accommodating manner
- Ability to talk in front of hundreds of people and announce/introduce bands nightly before each show
- Ability to sell shots, encourage customers to participate in shot chair, and in a safe manner, stand on shot chair and serve customer shots
- Correct and accurate execution of the POS system
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Knowledge of and ability to accurately describe all beverage offerings and specials
- Assist servers when needed or as directed by management
- Interact with all special guests and events
- Create a fun and exciting atmosphere for customers
- Follow all proper cash handling procedures and guidelines
- Complete any and all assigned cleaning duties, including stocking and organization
- Ensure proper set up and break down of stations before and after operating hours
- Attend all departmental and service training seminars as requested or assigned by management
- Any additional responsibilities as directed by the Director of Entertainment, General Manager or Assistant General Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently to be able to interact with customers, the public and employees
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of proper food handling requirements
- Basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of daily maintenance and cleaning of Venue
- Must have knowledge and proficiency with current point of sale system and cash handling reports
- Knowledge of all required legal documents, i.e., A.B.C., Health Dept., Police, City, Etc.
Physical Conditioning and Dancing Ability
Dancers should be in overall great physical shape and have strong dancing skills with dancing experience preferred because of the position’s physical and dancing requirements. There are however no height to weight requirements or maximum or minimum weight requirements. We encourage a consistent cardiovascular and body condition workout program to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Dance Costumes / Maintenance of Professional Appearance
Because the position is an entertainment position, a Dancer must be comfortable wearing uniforms that could be considered “edgy,” “sexy” or “revealing.” A Dancer’s uniform should be clean and ironed (if necessary) when starting a shift, and the Dancer should be clean and presentable with hair neatly combed or maintained, and maintain clean hands and nails. Dancers should wear makeup heavier than normal day-to-day makeup, but the makeup should be done well and in good taste. If wearing cologne or perfume, the cologne or perfume must be worn in moderation and good taste.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
College degree preferred
Minimum of two years combined restaurant, bar, and/or nightclub experience preferred
Minimum of two years of dance or entertainment experience preferred
Must be at least 21 to meet minimum age requirement of the State of California to serve alcoholic beverages
Licenses or Certificates
Food Handlers Card
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must wear the proper uniform and maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Company’s grooming standards.
Rare – up to 50 lbs.
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
Work environment has loud noise, many people including staff and customers, and temperatures ranging from cold to hot. The Dancer may work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operating phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
HOSPITALITY BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, as this is a hospitality business position, you must demonstrate good manners and promote a positive hospitable guest and co-worker experience at all times.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees are not guaranteed any specific shifts or number of shifts per week. Employees will be required to work varying schedules due to the seasonal business needs of the Company.
All employees are required to fully comply with all the Company’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities. Employees who violate Company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
I acknowledge that my employment relationship is at will. This means that I am entirely free to resign at any time, either with or without a reason. This also means that the Company has the very same right and can terminate my employment at any time either with or without cause or advance notice. I also understand and agree that the Company retains the right to demote, transfer, change my job duties, and change my compensation at any time with or without notice and with or without cause in its sole discretion. This represents an integrated agreement with respect to the at-will nature of my employment relationship. No representative or employee of the Company other than its manager members has the authority to entire into a contrary agreement. Only a written agreement signed by both me and two company officers can alter the at will nature of my position.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMMODATION. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY HAS ESTABLISHED AN INTERACTIVE PROCESS FOR THOSE EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO DETERMINE EFFECTIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS, IF ANY, IN RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION BY SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL WITH A KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OR KNOWN MEDICAL CONDITION.